What you’re telling me when you say you are voting for Trump is that:
- You are not, in fact, a Christian. You carry more hate in your heart than love. You aren’t willing to help those that cannot help themselves, and your welfare is more important than compassion to those who may practice a different religion or have an ethnic background that doesn’t match yours.
- You are no better than the religious fanatics you claim to fight against. You believe your god is the “only true God” and are willing to fight against others instead of show them understanding or bother learning about their beliefs.
- Your right to carry an automatic weapon is more important than my right to peacefully protest, state my beliefs without fear of persecution and express myself without ridicule.
- Your right to shoot a fellow civilian – a fully grown adult who has friends, family and people who depend on them – who may or may not be actually threatening your well being is more important than my right to make decisions about my body and a bunch of cells that may or may not grow into a human being. Possible human > living, breathing human.
- Essentially, your right to follow a 200+ year old guideline written in a completely different place and time is more important than my right to uphold amendments to that same document written more recently and affecting a greater number of people, including rights to equality, fairness, lack of discrimination and the radical idea that women are equals who can make their own decisions about themselves.
- You would judge me and call me a murderer if I had an abortion, yet you would also judge me if I had the same child but needed assistance from the government, like food stamps or welfare.
- You have never used any services from Planned Parenthood, including sex education, birth control, free condoms, pap smears, breast exams or any of their other offerings.
- You do not use services from the government that are tax-payer funded, including Medicare, Medicaid, Senior discounts or the like. And you’re not planning on using them (if you aren’t of that age yet).
- You have never complained of the unfairness of the tax loopholes offered to big businesses or the extremely wealthy, and are happy to continue to pay for their frivolous lifestyles while you struggle to make ends meet.
- You don’t believe in global warming. Earth schmearth.
- You do not care about veterans, because Trump has continually defrauded Vet groups, has not made any statements as to how he would help them in the future, and pouted when he got called up to follow through with a statement he made regarding a sizeable donation to Veteran’s charities.
- You are ok with people earning money for not doing their jobs. Like voting on Supreme Court Justices. You don’t like what’s in front of you, so screw everyone else. Clearly you think that’s an acceptable practice for a public employee. But wait, those potholes that need to be fixed on your street but no one is doing anything? That’s not a proper use of your tax dollars!
- You have never told kids – yours or others – that lying is bad. Because that would make you a hypocrite, as we have watched Trump make statements that have been broadcast and are verifiable then turn around and say that he never said them. He has lied to our faces, and that’s ok to you.
- It’s not ok for people to come into the US to make better lives for themselves, even though they are paying taxes, supporting the economy, and adding a cultural richness to their communities. Nevermind that the USA was founded by illegal immigrants, that you will happily go out to eat Thai food or that you love Salma Hayek in her movies. (By the way, HRC has never said she has an “open door” policy, explaining that she will implement strict background checks for people wanting to come into the US. She’s just not a crazy racist who thinks anyone who hasn’t been born in the US is a threat to the country. Trump’s thinks his third wife is obviously ok and exempt from criticism.)
- You don’t think it’s right that foreign countries defend themselves against American invaders – oops, sorry, “liberators” – but it’s fine that we have the weaponry to kill anyone who dares cross our borders.
- Your kindness to those who are different from you – a different race, religion, ethnicity, political party, nationality, sexual identity or belief system – is fake. You’ll smile on the outside and belittle me in private. And you’ll teach your kids that it’s ok as long as I never find out.